Monday, December 10, 2012

Define Epicurean



As someone new to the whole blogging thing I was unsure of where, exactly, to start.  I wanted to jump right in with a restaurant review or a new gourmet DIY idea to try at home, but I realized I needed to take a step back and explain what this blog is really about.

"Epicurean" is defined as someone who is fond of or adapted to luxury or indulgence in sensual pleasures; having luxurious tastes or habits, especially in eating and drinking.  

I grew up in a household dedicated to food, the culture of eating and drinking has always been a huge part of my life.  I have always known that I wanted to make a career out of my passion for cooking, and especially for eating!  Foodies love food and for us, eating is more than just something key to survival.

Eating out is an experience, it is an event worth remembering no matter where you eat or what you order.  So much can be said about a city, a restaurant and a chef in one bite; it is truly impossible to not gain some sort of pleasure from that.  With my family, I have traveled around the world and stayed in some truly amazing places; some were the definition of luxury, and some... were not.  No matter the destination, we have always sought out the best food that culture had to offer and I have officially been spoiled.  It doesn't matter whether we ate in a five-star restaurant or stood outside a literal 'hole in the wall' taco stand; it's always been about the food.

Being a foodie and a poor college student at the same time is definitely difficult.  My lifestyle does not support eating at a new restaurant every night for dinner, at least not for now, so I have had to adjust a little.  I hope that sharing my experiences helps other starving students and maybe even inspires a few future foodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment